|Page Contents Current As of Patch:||2016-10-24|
The Zealot Overdrive Engine (ZOE) is a Vanu Sovereignty specific MAX ability that increases the MAX's damage output by 10% and forward movement speed in order to give themselves a tactical advantage. However, this bonus comes with the downside of increasing received damage by 20%.
|Information in this article is outdated.|
Some of its content may no longer be accurate due to changes according to the latest game updates. Please replace the old information with up to date information.
Suggestions and guidelines for ZOE MAX tactics include the following:
- Going solo, or with one engineer as a companion, hunting for infantry. Indoors is preferable because in the open, the MAX is vulnerable to being quickly dispatched by Prowlers, Vanguards, Liberators, or many other hard-hitting threats that out-class MAXes. Going outside should be done carefully, and only if there is a large allied ground force present on the surface.
- When damaged, retreat. The speed at which a ZOE MAX can retreat, combined with its high health, makes engaging and retreating in quick successions possible, although not as effective as with a well used Charge.
- Equipping some combination of Blueshifts and/or Comets to mow down infantry can be effective. If you detect more than a few infantry heading your way, retreat, because otherwise you might risk of quickly dying by focus fire.
- Equipping the Nanite Auto Repair System can help immensely because it receives larger amounts of collateral explosive damage and stray bullets. At higher ranks the health regeneration is very fast, so you can participate in a battle for a prolonged amount of time without being reliant on an Engineer. In more organized play however it is not recommended because there will be designated engineers ready to repair you.
- Use the mobility to your advantage. Avoiding very narrow spaces, where you cannot out-maneuverer your enemies is important. Standing still makes you an easy target and will get you killed quickly because of the increased damage you receive.
- Be cautious of your surroundings. Because the MAX is not as durable with ZOE active, keeping track of enemy movement as good as possible is vital to avoid getting ambushed or surprised. Directly engaging TR Fracture or NC Anti-Infantry MAXes is generally a bad idea unless you have a distinct advantage.
"Charges the MAX suit with unstable energy. While, active increases damage output and movement speed, but increases damage received as well."
- October 24, 2016 Update
- Damage output is now increased by a flat 10% while active and reduces damage over distance
- Damage received is increased by a flat 20% while active for all weapon types
- Removed the modified projectile tracers while ability is active
- Now consumes energy over time and can be toggled on and off
- Energy fully recharges over 60 seconds
- Rank 1: Lasts up to 16 seconds
- Rank 2: Lasts up to 18 seconds
- Rank 3: Lasts up to 20 seconds
- Rank 4: Lasts up to 22 seconds
- Rank 5: Lasts up to 25 seconds