|Soft Point Ammunition increases the weapon's maximum damage range by 5 meters, but reduces its projectile velocity by 5%.
The Soft Point Ammunition (SPA) is certification for ammo slot, that extends maximum damage drop off range by 5-6m, by reducing bullet velocity.
- -5% bullet velocity on all weapons
This diagram just shows what SPA (and HVA) does.
The diagram doesn't show any specific number since it's variable for each weapon.
As you can see:
- SPA increases the range where the weapon does the maximum damage, but the weapon does the minimum damage at the same range as without it.
- HVA doesn't increase the weapon's maximum damage range, but increases the range where the weapon does the minimum damage.
Recommendations as an Attachment Edit
- Soft Point ammo is normally a "must have" attachment, because of the few down sides.
- Although it will reduce the range of the weapon's effectiveness at range if it loses 2 tiers of damage- most weapons that equip it are already made with close quarters combat in mind.
- The muzzle velocity is normally negligible, unless you are using a suppressor.
- The weapon's effectiveness is only increased by 5 meters, or around 15 feet. It can mean the difference between the enemy get away- or getting that kill just as he enters the doorway.
Soft Point Ammo Misconceptions (PlanetSide 2 Attachment Testing Review)
Shows that softpoint ammo does not decrease damage at minimum damage range.
Planetside 2 - GD-7F Bullet Drop Velocity Attachment Comparison
Showing the bullet drop of softpoint ammo at range
See Also Edit
- ↑ Google Spreadsheet by Vanu Labs