|For Armor and Damage resistance details see this article.|
|Primary Weapons:|| Supernova PC,|
|Secondary Weapons:||G30 Walker,|
Proton II PPA,
The Magrider is the main battle tank (MBT) of the Vanu Sovereignty. While its main gun is not as powerful as the New Conglomerate Vanguard and does not have a fire rate as fast as the Terran Republic Prowler, it relies on its maneuverability, Magburner utility, and low arc main gun in order to hopefully out maneuver and destroy its enemies. Its driver cannon is strictly front facing, and may only angle vertically. The whole vehicle must be turned for horizontal control. The Main cannon has a lower vertical angle threshold, making it more susceptible to air compared to the Prowler and Vanguard. Like all other vehicles, it may be outfitted with unlocked weapons to either make the tank more versatile or specialized according to loadout.
|Magrider Vehicle Certifications|
|Category||Certification Name||Levels and Cost|
|Fire Suppression System||
|Defense Slot||Nanite Auto Repair System||
|Reinforced Front Armor||
|Reinforced Top Armor||
|Reinforced Side Armor||
|Performance Slot||Rival Combat Chassis||
|Racer High Speed Chassis||
Magrider Strategy Edit
The Magrider is an ideal choice for long-range duels, where its strafe lets it effectively dodge incoming projectiles. Especially with the Saron HRB secondary, this is an almost ideal sniper tank, capable of reaching places many other tanks cannot and delivering good damage to distant targets.
When facing air targets, using angled rocks will help improve the main and secondary gun's attack angle.
However, it must be kept in mind that the Magrider has less front armor and damage than the NC Vanguard and lacks the speed of the TR Prowler. Limiting engagements to side-armor or rear-armor opportunities will drastically improve survivability. Equipping the Magburner helps avoid missiles and shells. Magburner also improves mobility when crossing crevasses and small objects.
Crouching whenever a Magrider approaches can reduce the potential of being roadkilled.
- Tech Plant Advanced Offensive Strategy
- Use this main battle tank to take out turrets and vehicles defending the tech plant.
- Tech Plant Advanced Defensive Strategy
- When defending the Tech Plant use Magriders. They are especially very mobile tanks and should be used to your advantage to quickly pop around corners and barricades. Strafe side-to-side taking cover as you reload behind a building.
- Bio Lab Advanced Offensive Strategies
- When assaulting a Bio Lab in this vehicle, clear the way for your team to reach the outposts surrounding the main dome.
- Amp Station Basic Base Strategies
- When attacking the Amp Station, look out for enemy MBTs and Turrets and take those out fast.
- Amp Station Defensive Strategy
- When defending the Amp Station, use your MBT to secure common Galaxy landing spots and enemy hotspots.
- Heavy Assault Class Strategy
- It takes 2 C4 charges from a Heavy Assault to blow you up. Watch out for heavies!
- Engineer Class StrategyOne of the main Engineer roles is to repair your tank. Try not to back over them!