|PC Hotfix - 7/12|
|Date Applied||12 July 2017|
June 29, 2017 Hotfix
July 26, 2017 Update
The Planetside 2 PC servers will be coming down at 6am (Pacific) / 13:00 (UTC) for a brief hotfix. Estimated downtime is 3 hours.
- Deep Operative
- Rank 5 detection sweep now properly triggers while spotted.
- Sensor Shield
- Rank 4 and 5 detection immunity is now continues up to 15m from a detection device, instead of 25m.
- Robotics Technician
- The damage resistance element of this implant now applies to Engineers mounted on their MANA Turrets as well.
- Combat Surgeon
- Reviving an ally with Rank 5 Combat Surgeon will now properly apply small arms resist.
- For the time being, this stacks with Nanoweave Armor, but will overwrite it as intended in a later update.
- Reverted a change to the new tank handling mechanics that affected reverse steering, and maneuvering on certain slopes.
IR Smoke (ANT, Flash, Harasser, Sunderer, Lightning, MBTs)
- Has been renamed Smoke Screen.
- Sunderer's Smoke Screen has been replaced with this ability.
- Now emits smoke for 8 seconds at all ranks.
- Cooldown from 30/25/20/15 seconds to 40/35/32/30 seconds.
- Now immediately clears current spot markers for you and and allied vehicles within 30 meters.
- Now prevents lock-on attempts for 8 seconds for you and allied vehicles within 30 meters.
- Now masks the vehicle's minimap auto-spot signature for you and allied vehicles within 30 meters.
- Dev Note: Allowing IR Smoke to affect nearby vehicles increases its value in teamplay, and gives players additional incentive to choose an ability other than the current go-tos. It also allows for some niche strategies outside of teamplay, ie. disappearing behind cover and clearing your spot markers to help set up a flank or make an escape. The cooldown was increased to reduce spamability, while still remaining reasonably accessible.
Misc. Additions and Adjustments
- Freedom Thrusters have been disabled.
- The outdated “Help” button on the Implants screen has been removed.
- Koltyr should no longer count toward continent rotation, or spawn an additional ghost instance.