|Page Contents Current As of Patch:||2017-07-12|
The Smoke Screen is an Utility Slot certification available for all land vehicles. When used, emits smoke for 8 seconds around the vehicle, clears current spot markers, blocking incoming lock-ons and masks the vehicle's minimap auto-spot signature for you and allied vehicles within 30 meters.
Activated with "Ability" hotkey(F by default).
Creates a smoke screen around the vehicle that makes it difficult to see and prevents lock-ons for 6 seconds.
- Has been renamed Smoke Screen.
- Sunderer's Smoke Screen has been replaced with this ability.
- Now emits smoke for 8 seconds at all ranks.
- Cooldown from 30/25/20/15 seconds to 40/35/32/30 seconds.
- Now immediately clears current spot markers for you and allied vehicles within 30 meters.
- Now prevents lock-on attempts for 8 seconds for you and allied vehicles within 30 meters.
- Now masks the vehicle's minimap auto-spot signature for you and allied vehicles within 30 meters.
- Dev Note: Allowing IR Smoke to affect nearby vehicles increases its value in teamplay, and gives players additional incentive to choose an ability other than the current go-tos. It also allows for some niche strategies outside of teamplay, ie. disappearing behind cover and clearing your spot markers to help set up a flank or make an escape. The cooldown was increased to reduce spamability, while still remaining reasonably accessible.