- Reflex Sight or
- Medium range scope (2x) - More preference towards 2x to use as a scoping device as well when checking out movement areas
- Flash Suppressor - Makes the user less visible to enemy units.
- Laser Sight (increases accuracy when firing from the hip) - Moving around a lot in order to ensure all teammates vehicles and MAXes are repaired could mean a lot of firing from the hip
- Soft Point Ammunition (more damage, short range)
- Suppressor (reduce noise, muzzle flash)
- Laser Sight (increases accuracy when firing from hip)
- Flak Armor - Reduces the amount of damage the Engineer receives from explosives
- Nanoweave Armor (increase health) - Good overall armor choice.
- Advanced Shield Capacitor (shortened recharge delay) - Good choice as long as you ensure you are in and out of combat quickly and give the shields time to recharge
- Sticky Grenade - Great grenade for overall combat for the Engineer
- Medical Kit - Engineers can repair their vehicles but not the damage they might receive while outside repairing it. These are good choices for that since primarily you will be inside a vehicle.
- Claymore Explosives - When setting up a good spot to attack large bases, it's useful to setup a claymore or two in order to protect that location from infantry