- Reflex Sight or
- Medium range scope (2x) - More preference towards 2x to use as a scoping device as well when checking out movement areas
- Compensator - Increases control of the weapon during sustained fire.
- Laser Sight (increases accuracy when firing from the hip) - Moving around a lot in order to ensure all teammates vehicles and MAXes are repaired could mean a lot of firing from the hip
- None, neither ammo choice is of benefit to any of the carbines.
- Suppressor (reduce noise, muzzle flash)
- Laser Sight (increases accuracy when firing from hip)
- Nano Armor Kit - This is how the Engineer class repairs vehicles, MAXes and other equipment, which the one important ability the Engineer can bring to an assault.
- Nanoweave Armor (increase health) - Good overall armor choice.
- Advanced Shield Capacitor (shortened recharge delay) - Good choice as long as you ensure you are in and out of combat quickly and give the shields time to recharge
- Sticky Grenade - Great grenade for overall combat for the Engineer
- C4, Anti-Infantry Mines, or Anti-Tank mines. All of these choices are effective and depend on your playstyle. C4 is for up close and personal, baiting maxes and the occasional tank kill. Anti-Infantry Mines will take enemies out easily and without issue. AT mines are effective against tanks, and can be placed in front of vehicle bays to ensure use.
- Mana Turret . An ammo pack is not needed since the MANA turret can serve as an ammo pack by pressing B while the turret is in your hands before deploying.