|Page Contents Current As of Patch:||2017-07-26|
The Continent Locking is a system that allows to lock continent to exclude it from available continents to fight on.
Continent Lock Mechanics Edit
With the Critical Mass update comes a major revision of the way continents are fought over and conquered. When one faction has refined enough cortium and taken control of enough territory, that faction triggers an alert which signifies the impending domination of a continent. If the triggering faction wins the alert, they will conquer the continent and call in an armada of Bastion Fleet Carriers to rain destruction upon their enemies.
Goals of Continent LockingEdit
- Give control over world state to the players. You control which continents are open for contest, you control when those continents will have alerts, and you control when warpgates will rotate. We’re going all-in on player agency and kicking the random number generator out of the PS2 meta.
- Leverage the locking to scale combat space with population. With fewer active continents at one time to disperse the players, you have better fights and more balanced continent populations, especially off-peak.
Population Regulation & Lock StateEdit
- When a continent locks, the conquering empire automatically captures all remaining regions on the continent
- A maximum of 3 continents can be locked at any one time.
- When number of players surpasses 800, second continent unlocks.
- Whenever a continent is locked the oldest existing locked continent will automatically unlock.
- All players on the locked continent will be prompted to redeploy to another continent.
- Continent Lock bonuses now persist until the continent is locked by another faction.
Continent Lock BenefitsEdit
- Allows base generators to regenerate 5 health per second when destroyed.
- This is equivalent to a 10 minute self-repair on non-SCU targets, and slightly more than a 13 minute self-repair on SCUs.
- Allows allied control points to increase shield capacity by 50.
- Allows facility turrets to fire for much longer before overheating.
- Allows ammo resupply towers/pads to repair Vehicle/Aircraft.
You can also earn Service Ribbons for locking a continent.
|Continent Locking||Locking a Continent.|
See more available ribbons on the Service Ribbons page.