|Page Contents Current As of Patch:||2017-07-26|
The Continent Locking is a system that allows to lock continent to exclude it from available continents to fight on.
Victory Points Edit
Continents will no longer be captured by alerts and territory control alone! Victory Points are a new method of scoring within the game. If your faction earns 20 Victory Points, then the continent is yours! The continental VP scoreboard is shown at the top of the Map screen. Mousing over each faction will bring up the “Points to Victory” window, which breaks down progress and overall score.
There are a numbers of ways to earn VP:
Permanent Victory Points Edit
- Capture all Biolabs = +3 VP
- Capture all Techplants = +3 VP
- Capture all Amp Stations= +3 VP
- Link your warpgate to enemy warpgate = +2 VP
- Link your warpgate to both enemy warpgates simultaneously = +4 VP
- Capture all major facilities (Amp, Bio, Tech) simultaneously = Continental Victory/Lock
- Win Alerts = +5 VP
- Refine Cortium with active HIVEs = +1 VP
- Control Seven Active HIVEs = +3 VP
Flux Victory Points Edit
Capturing more than 35% of a continent’s territory can earn you “Flux” Victory Points. Flux Victory Points count toward continental victory, but can be won/lost with the territory you control/lose.
Percentage of Territory controlled:
- 14% = +1 VP
- 18% = +1 VP
- 22% = +1 VP
- 26% = +1 VP
- 30% = +1 VP
- 34% = +1 VP
- 38% = +1 VP
- 42% = +1 VP
- 46% = +1 VP
- 50% = +1 VP
- 54% = +1 VP
- 58% = +1 VP
- 62% = +1 VP
- 66% = +1 VP
- 70% = +1 VP
- 74% = +1 VP
- 78% = +1 VP
- 82% = +1 VP
- 86% = +1 VP
- 90% = +1 VP (Continental Victory)
Goals of Continent LockingEdit
- Give control over world state to the players. You control which continents are open for contest, you control when those continents will have alerts, and you control when warpgates will rotate. We’re going all-in on player agency and kicking the random number generator out of the PS2 meta.
- Leverage the locking to scale combat space with population. With fewer active continents at one time to disperse the players, you have better fights and more balanced continent populations, especially off-peak.
Population Regulation & Lock StateEdit
- When a continent locks, the conquering empire automatically captures all remaining regions on the continent
- A maximum of 3 continents can be locked at any one time.
- When number of players surpasses 600, second continent unlocks.
- Whenever a continent is locked the oldest existing locked continent will automatically unlock.
- All players on the locked continent will be prompted to redeploy to another continent.
- Continent Lock bonuses now persist until the continent is locked by another faction.
Continent Lock BenefitsEdit
- Allows base generators to regenerate 5 health per second when destroyed.
- This is equivalent to a 10 minute self-repair on non-SCU targets, and slightly more than a 13 minute self-repair on SCUs.
- Allows allied control points to increase shield capacity by 50.
- Allows facility turrets to fire for much longer before overheating.
- Allows ammo resupply towers/pads to repair Vehicle/Aircraft.
You can also earn Service Ribbons for locking a continent.
|Continent Locking||Locking a Continent.|
See more available ribbons on the Service Ribbons page.